Legal principles and requirements
Food Information Regulation (FIR)
The Food Information Regulation (FIR) essentially governs labelling obligations with regard to allergens, frozen foods, use-by dates and expiry dates.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points is a control system designed for quality assurance in all production processes that pertain to food – from manufacturing and distribution through to storage.
20.9 % of all complaints in German facilities regarded problems with labelling and packaging.
2017 findings for food monitoring within the framework of the multi-year national control plan in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 882/2004 from the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety.
Challenges with regard to labelling
- Compliance with statutory requirements for labelling
- Legal certainty with regard to new statutory requirements
- Supporting and ensuring the efficiency of processes
- Making consumer information visible
- Placing advertising messages to promote sales
Meto – Innovation is our tradition
Meto with almost 100 years of experience
We are offering the retail sector and system catering the opportunity to effectively inform their customers of prices, use-by dates, product information and special promotions while doing a better job of communicating sales
information of all kinds.
Benefits of Meto labelling solutions
Meto labelling solutions have been successfully put to the test and used many thousands of times on a daily basis.
Meto system solutions help you to …
- Satisfy statutory requirements for food labelling.
- Enjoy legal certainty, also with regard to new statutory
requirements for food labelling.
- Safely, simply and economically label foods at the
counter, in the kitchen or in the restaurant.
- Adapt to specific requirements and/or environments.
- Make consumer information readily visible.
- Effectively place advertising messages.
System solution Meto Print
High-performance thermal printers with a comprehensive range of labels and downloadable, ready-to-use print templates – also suitable for stand-alone operation.
Your benefits with Meto Print
- Both PC-supported and stand-alone modes are possible
- Dynamic templates with date and time-dependent entry options (real-time clock)
- Use of
- existing templates
- individual templates created especially for your requirements
- Legally correct information in accordance with the Food Information Regulation (FIR) and HACCP
- Blank and pre-printed labels
- Wide range of label materials and adhesives that have been certified and approved for use in direct contact with food, suitable for your area of application
System solution Meto Mobile
Easy-to-handle printers and dispensers Professional hand-labeler with individual texts, date and time.
Your benefits with Meto Mobile
- The certainty that comes from having a large number of pre-defined, legally approved texts
- Mobile solution for the professional labelling of products at POS
- Extremely economical with a long service life
- Ready for immediate use
- Individually adaptable in accordance with the specific application and customer requirements
- Patented printing technology for precision and constant print quality
- Ergonomic handle for fatigue-proof working
System solution Meto Direct
Attract customer attention with information and advertising labels. In a practical dispenser box or with a table-dispenser for hand labelling on request. Label materials certified for use with food.
Your benefits with Meto Direct
- Individual pre-prints according to area of use
- The daily labels make it easy for you to comply with legal requirements regarding the labelling of food processing activities
- Individual rolls can be reordered according to their frequency of use
- Stationary solution with multiple label rolls
- Clear organization makes it easy to find things quickly
- Practical dispenser box and storage for as many as seven dispenser boxes
- Metal dispenser up to 330 mm wide for wall or table-mounting
System solution Meto Seal
Wide range of materials, adhesives and shapes Materials and adhesives certified for use with food Individual pre-prints for communicating information and advertising messages.
Your benefits with Meto Seal
- Freshly sealed, fast and efficient
- Reliable protection against unauthorized opening – initial opening protection
- Over-corner application possible
- Can also be used as an advertising and information label with printed
- Special offer content
- Product information
- Use-by date
- Batch number
Meto – Your “Retail label expert”
- Part of the world’s largest label manufacturer CCL Industries
- With state-of-the-art production processes for every print technology
- Put your trust in our 50 years of experience in the manufacture of labels for food retail
- Pre-print stage includes artwork and design under a single umbrella
- Certified manufacturer in accordance with BRC and ISO with a production location in Germany
- Complies with HACCP standards Efficient supply from own storage and logistics service providers in house
- Reliable and long-standing partner of prominent customers in the fields of system catering and procurement logistics
How can we help?
Please use our contact form to send us an inquiry or a message.